Belize Association of Principals of Secondary Schools Child Abusy Policy
INNOVATION | EXCELLENCE | PRODUCTIVITY
The plight of the children of Belize has dramatically increased in recent years and the number of incidences of child abuse seems to be on the rise. The Belize Association of Principals of Secondary Schools publicly commits itself to:
- Protect the rights of every child in secondary school.
- Defend and assist every student in our schools, who becomes a victim of abuse in any form - physical, emotional, or sexual.
- Support all agencies committed to the preservation of the rights of a child (such as *NOPCA, WAV, Family Court)
- Assist in the effort to realize the enactment of a proper Child Abuse Act.
- Provide assistance to parents in developing positive methods of coping/dealing with child-rearing problems.
- National Organization For the Prevention of Child Abuse, Lorna McDougall, Tel: 02-78834